Graffiti, vandalism and fly-tipping do damage to your neighbourhood. They are environmental offences.
All of these must be reported to the local authority. Local authorities want to make the place you live more pleasant.

Do not just accept that there is graffiti in your neighbourhood or litter thrown around everywhere or dog poo in the middle of the street!  Do not accept that vandalism is normal.  If you ignore them, they can lead a 'broken windows effect' - this can lead to more vandalism and even serious crime.

With graffiti, vandalism, litter and other similar offences, agencies can use restorative action with the offenders. This basically means the people who did the graffiti, litter etc. have to clear up the mess!

The main issues are:

  • Graffiti
  • Vandalism (to vehicles and property)
  • Fly-tipping, fly-dumping and fly-grazing
  • Fly-posting
  • Unpleasant smells
  • Trespassing
  • Litter
  • Storing rubbish in gardens/untidy gardens
  • Dog fouling
  • Discarded syringes and condoms
  • Abandoned vehicles<
  • Obstruction on the road
  • vBlocked driveways
  • Excessive vehicle repairs and maintenance carried out in gardens
  • Rogue landlords

Our 'Act Now!' Interactive Guide will guide you in how to contact your Local Authority depending on which of these types of anti-social behaviour you are suffering from.

Don't suffer in silence.

Learn more about Landlords and their role in stopping anti-social behaviour here.

For a printer-friendly version of this information see here: Other Anti-Social behaviour

How are you coping?
Read our safety tips and advice
How to channel frustration
Anger measurement tips